The design, build and installation of one of our projects requires technical skills at varying levels through each level of the process, so we have a wide range of opportunities available for applicants.
If you think you would be a good fit for Genovate see our current vacancies.
If you wish to make a general enquiry, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Responsible for the management of day-to-day Service activities, management of Administration functions, management of information to department, facilities management and the training academy.
LOCATION OF ROLE: Head Office (Leeds) based with regular UK wide travel.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Services is actively responsible for supporting, developing and implementing strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements. They will manage the Service function of the company, and co-ordinate office processes and procedures to ensure organisational and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
In addition, they will manage all aspects of the HR function within the department including implementing the training academy, together with management of information and IT systems with said department.
Based at head office, the role will require extensive travel to ensure appropriate and timely communication across all levels throughout the company.
The Head of Services will have the ability and experience to motivate and drive the team to achieve both the overall company targets and key performance objectives set out. Strong people management skills are also essential to encourage personal development and ensure employee engagement is maintained and staff are motivated at all times.
To be successful in this role, the Head of Services must have a proven track record of successfully managing people and teams, business planning and business plan writing along with a relevant sector qualification. The role will drive the business, lead by example and have effective and efficient organisation skills and will also have the following skills and experience:
· A strong proven track record in relationship building and management
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· An understanding of the power generation sector
· An understanding of employability advice and recruitment needs for the hard to reach sector
· References to support consistent achievement of targets
· A proven understanding of working with colleges or other third-party organisations
· Previous experience of developing and producing business plans
· Previous experience of producing board reports
· Previous experience of managing diverse and geographically dispersed teams
· The ability and commitment to adhere to all company policies and procedures and ensure that team members also adhere to them
· The ability to present at both internal and external meetings to support the achievement of company objectives
· The Head of Services will support the Managing Directors and Senior Stakeholders with business planning activities, providing practical and creative input in the development of new business initiatives and in the design of current and future strategic and operational plans
· Manage and develop HR procedures to ensure quality services are provided
· To ensure all managers/leaders are trained in HR process and procedures
· To take responsibility for revising and updating staff contracts with the Directors of the company
· To take overall responsibility to ensure there is training and professional development of all staff throughout the organisation
· In conjunction with the HR management ensuring all company guidelines are adhered to
· Develop and implement the HR and People strategies in alignment with the business’ objectives
· Regularly review the company's talent management processes within the business areas, including performance/potential management, resource planning and succession planning with the board.
· Where necessary, work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programs (e.g. changes to working practices, organisation changes and business “excellence” or lean programmes).
· Working with senior managers/leaders to uncover the talent implications e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritises people-related initiatives.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact us at email@example.com.